Intro To Defensive Handgun Course
WHEN: Saturday August 10th, 2019 – 9:00am to 2:00pm
WHERE: Pikes Peak Gun Club – Colorado Springs
The introduction to Defensive Handgun course is designed for shooters of all skill levels, but targeted toward a student who is carrying, or is considering the carry of a handgun in a concealed manner in public. Students will learn the basics of defensive shooting and how defensive shooting differs from target and recreational shooting. The course starts with a fundamentals review, safety briefing and then moves straight into defensive concepts designed to give you the basic tools to effectively defend yourself in a life threatening encounter. There is a range qualification requirement to successfully pass this course.
Course training topics:
- Firearm Safety
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- defensive shooting Fundamentals
- Shooting positions
- Presenting from the holster (from concealment)
- Speed vs accuracy
- Students should supply their own firearm, KTG only has limited firearms available to loan for a small fee
- Students must bring a PROPER fitting holster for their firearm
- Students must supply their own ammunition for use at the range. Recommended 125 rounds of COMMERCIAL ammunition for the range portion of the course
Meet Your Instructor:
Robert Butler is the Owner and Chief Firearms Instructor for Kenaz Tactical Group and an NRA Certified Instructor in 6 disciplines. Robert is also currently the Vice President of Pikes Peak Gun Club. Further, Robert is an 18 year veteran of the US Army and Army National Guard holding the MOS 12B and 13R. Learn more about Robert on his profile.